- SAVANNAH-Mr. Leon Brown age 54 entered into eternal rest on Thursday Feb. 5, 2015 surrounded by his loving wife and family.Leon Brown - He was educated in the Public School graduating from Windsor Forest High School . His was a member of the ILA 1414 for 21 years. Survivors, wife, W.Michelle Brown of Savannah Ga, four sons, Michael Leon(Patrice) Middleton of Trinidad, Troy(Keira) Williams of Savannah, Ga, Deon Brown and Keon Brown of Jacksonville, FL, one daughter, Kwanisha Brown of Savannah, Ga three brothers, Ulysee (Margaret) Brown of Savannah, Richard Brown of Levy, SC., Michael (Connie) Brown, one sister, Annette (Charlie) Simmons ten grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and Services of Entrustment are in care of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home.
SAVANNAH-Mr.Thurman Roberts 45, departed this life on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 as he
took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and
Sabbath hath no end. Survivors are, mother Lula Roberts-Gilliard, father, Thurman (Jacqueline) Roberts of Herndon VA., brother, Lamont Roberts of NC., other relatives and friends. Public viewing will be held 12Noon to 7pm Friday Feb 6, 2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Funeral Service for Mr. Roberts will be held 3:00pm Saturday Feb 7, 2015 Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Interment Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.
-SAVANNAH-Pamela Haley age 63, entered into eternal rest on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. She was educated in the Public School of Bulloch County and was a graduate of William James High School. Her professional career began as a Sales Manager at various Department Stores in the city of Savannah. Ms. Haley was a devoted member of Mt. Zion Baptist church where she served in the Mission Ministry. In life she was an Excellent Cook and Caregiver.
Survivors, two daughters, Tia Haley (Robert) Crawford of Port Wentworth Ga, Taronda C. Haley of Altanta Ga, parents, Mr. & Mrs. Jessie (Arnita) Jenkins, three brothers, Kenneth Smith, Michael Smith, Ricky (Linda) Smtih of Pooler Ga., two sisters, Angela Frazier, and Gwendolyn (Willis) Jones, a devoted niece, Latoya White, two aunts, Ruby Walker and Priscilla Knight of Chicago Ill. numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. The family will be receiving visitors at 4118 Worth Street. Public Viewing will be held on Friday, February 6,2015 from 12-7 PM at Bynes- Royall Funeral Home Chapel. , Funeral Service for Mrs. Haley will be held 11:00am Saturday Feb. 7, 2015 at Mt. Zion Baptist Church and lie in two hours prior to service., Rev. Michael Stamps, Pastor/Eulogist. Interment Woodville Cemetery
SAVANNAH-Mr.Willie Jackson,91, departed this life on Saturday, January 31, 2015 as he
took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and
Sabbath hath no end.Public viewing will be held 12noon to 7pm Friday Feb. 6, 2014 at Bynes Royall Funeral Home. Funeral service for Mr. Jackson will be held 1:00pm Saturday Feb. 7, 2015 at Morning Glory Temple of Deliverance, Evangelist C. Crawford, Pastor. Interment Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
R.C. Roberts- SAVANNAH- Mr.RC
Roberts, 91, departed this life on Monday, January 26, 2015 as he took
flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and Sabbath
hath no end.Funeral
Services for Mr. RC. Roberts will be held 1 PM Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015
at Goodwill Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. Alphonso Piper,
Pastor/Eulogist. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.
Johnnie Lee Ware, Sr
- SAVANNAH - Johnnie Lee Ware Sr. was born in Swainsboro, Georgia to Mr. Johnnie L. And Malinda Mincey Ware on February 18, 1932. At the age of 6, his family relocated to Savannah,Georgia. At an early age He accepted Christ as his Savior and joined Brampton Baptist Church. He was an alumni member of Woodville High School class of 1951. His illustrious and professional career began as a Korean War Veteran and after forty years of dedicated service he retired from The Savannah Sugar Refinery. On the early morning of Friday Jan. 23, 2015 the Lord called him from his earthly tabernacle unto his heavenly home. Mr. Ware was preceded in death by his parents, son Johnnie Lee "Bright Eye" Ware Jr., two brothers, Tommie Ware, Willie James Ware and one sister, Malinda Ware He leaves to cherish his memories a loving and devoted wife of 61 years, Dorothy Lee Ware, son, Tyrone (Diane) Ware, four daughters, Debra Ware(Eugene Koonce) Roberts of Tallahassee Fl., Sabrina Ware (Frank) Wright, Lorraine Ware (Dwight) Taylor of Atlanta Ga., and Tammie Ware (Walter) Crocton of Dallas Ga., three loving sisters, Louversa Williams, Areatha (Irvin) Scott, Bonnie Tattnall of Miami FL., on brother in law Thomas (Marita) Robins of Kennesaw Ga., ten grandchildren, including Sidney(Teri) Roberts III and Lakeisha Roberts (Frank) Strickland, whom he raised as his son and daughter, seven great grands a multitude of nieces nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. Celebration of Life Services for Mr. Johnnie Lee Ware Sr. will be held 11AM Saturday, January 31, 2015 at Brampton Baptist Church. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetary. Public Viewing:1-6PM Friday in the Chapel of Bynes-Royall
- SAVANNAH-Mrs. Audrey Williams, 89 departed this life on Monday Jan 5,2015. The Lord gently closed her eyes as she took flight from this world to that land of pure delight, where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. She was the wife of the late Detroit Williams. Celebration of Life Services for Mrs. Audrey Williams will be held 11AM Saturday, January 24, 2015 at Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery. Visitation: 6-8PM Friday in the Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home
Cassie Mae Greene-
SAVANNAH - Mrs. Cassie Mae Greene age 79 departed this life on Tuesday Jan. 6, 2015 , as she took flight from this world to that land of pure delight, where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. Survivors, , grandchildren other relatives and friends. Celebration of Life services for Mrs. Cassie Greene will be held 1:00pm Monday Jan. 12, 2014 at St. Paul C. M. E. Church 1601 Barnard Street. Rev. Da'Henri Thurmond Pastor, Overseer John Jones, Eulogist. Interment Oak Grove .
LaTeah Sheray Lockett
- SAVANNAH - LaTeah Sheray Lockett, 46 entered into eternal rest on Saturday, December 20, 2014 at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL surrounded by loved ones. LaTeah was a member of Carter Tabernacle CME in Orlando, FL. She was an alumni of Alfred E. Beach High School. She attended Georgia Southern University and later Savannah State University. She was in management at Liberty Mutual Insurance. She is survived by her devoted father; Bobby Lockett, Savannah; loving mother, Betty Shell, Savannah; brother, Tracy Lockett, Williamsburg Virginia; Sister-in-law, Elke Lockett; nephew, Christian Lockett; niece, Nina Lockett; Goddaughter, Marria Pollard, Devoted caring-giving cousin, Shakira Cade special aunts, Barbara Furman, Sally K. Ward, Joan Lewis and Annie Mae Brown; Godmothers, Rev. Ella Hammond-Sims and Claretha Morse, a host of other relatives and friends. Funeral services Saturday, December 27, 2014, 12 noon, St. Paul, CME, 1601 Barnard St. Savannah, GA 31401. In lieu of flowers, contributions are graciously being accepted by Savannah State University for the LaTeah S.Lockett Scholarship Fund. Please make checks payable to Savannah State University, Memo: LaTeah Lockett Scholarship Fund, and mail to Savannah State University, PO BOX 20439, 3219 College Street, Savannah, Georgia 31404.
Dorothy Delores McIver
- SAVANNAH - Dorothy Delores McIver, 84, passed away on Tuesday, December 15, 2014 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Savannah. Dorothy was preceded in death by her father and mother, Samuel and Lula McIver. She is survived by many loving cousins and may dedicated friends. Visitation: 5-6PM Monday, December 22, 2014 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Funeral service will be held 12 Noon Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at Bryan Neck Missionary Baptist Church, Richmond Hill, GA.