Mrs. Ernestine Williams- SAVANNAH-91, Mrs. Ernestine Young Williams entered into a peaceful rest on Thursday, November 12, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced at a later time
Mr. Steve Taylor, III- SAVANNAH-64
, Steve Taylor,III entered into eternal rest on Saturday, October 24, 2015, surrounded by his loving and devoted wife and family. Funeral services will be held on Friday, October 30, 2015 at 11AM at St. Philip Monumental AME Church. Interment: Magnolia Memorial Gardens.Visitation: Thursday, October 29,2015 from 6-7 PM at the Bynes - Royall Funeral Home Chapel
Bernice Young Jackson-SAVANNAH-63
, entered eternal rest on Saturday,
October 10, 2015 surrounded by her loving family. Memorial service will
be held at 2PM on Saturday, October 17,2015 at First African Baptist
Church, 23 Montgomery Street. Rev. Thurmond Tillman, Pastor.
Malcolm M. Thomas-SAVANNAH-60
, Entered eternal rest on Tuesday, October 6,2015 surrounded
by his loving family. Memorial Service will be held at 2PM Saturday,
October 24, 2015 at the Macedonia Baptist Church, 1948 Gladstone St.
Savannah GA. Rev. Lolita Hickman, Officiating.
Ronald Griffin Hunter-Jersey City,NJ- 74
entered eternal rest on Monday,
September 28, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be
announced at a later time
Denise D. Thomas-SAVANNAH-59,
passed away Saturday, September 19, 2015. Memorial Service will be at 1
p.m. Saturday, September 26, 2015 at Newborn Church of Faith In
Christ, 120 McIntyre St., Savannah, Ga. 31401. Her husband, Malcolm M.
Thomas, and their sons, Malcolm D, (Kim) Thomas, Markell D. (Tawana)
Thomas and Madrid D. Thomas, will receive visitors at 205 Cherry Laurel
Lane at Willow Lakes, Savannah, GA.
Deac. Benjamin Suggs Sr. -SAVANNAH - 97, Dea. Benjamin Suggs, Sr., 97, went home to be with our God on Friday, September 4 at Memorial Medical Center. He leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, Carrie Pearl Suggs, nine of his 11 children: Carolyn S. Smith of Savannah, GA; Robert Lee Suggs of Capital Heights, MD; Benjamin Suggs, Jr. of Savannah, GA; Harold John Suggs of Atlanta, GA; Grace Ann Nevarez (Manuel) and Elaine S. Mitchell, both of Savannah, GA; Earl Leonard Suggs (Catherine); of Marietta, GA; Gary James Suggs of Richmond, VA; and Clyde Gregory Suggs (Robert) of Worchester, MA., 26 grandchildren, over 60 great grand children, and a host of nephews, nieces, cousins, and other relatives and friends.Funeral Services will being held on Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11AM at First Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church, 801 Ash Street, Savannah, GA 31404. Burial services will be held at Cones Cemetery, Hwy 119, Guyton, GA 30415
Lippu Ching, Sr.
- Savannah - 66 - Lippu Ching, Sr. 66, Savannah, GA passed away on August 24th, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced at a later date.
Cayden Omarion "Bubba" Sampson - Savannah - 3, entered into eternal rest on August 20th, 2015 surrounded by his loving family. The family will have a viewing on Thursday, August 27th, 2015 in the Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home from 6pm-7pm. Funeral Services will be held Friday, August 28th, 2015 at 1:00pm at the God's Temple of Praise located at 1907 Burroughs Street. Apostle Michael Washington, Officiating. Interment: Woodville Cemetery
Rose Ann Hayward - SAVANNAH - Rose Ann Hayward 43, entered into eternal rest on Monday, August 17, 2015. She was educated in the schools of Chatham County, graduating from Richard Arnold High School. She is preceded in death by her mother Carrie Williams Hayward, and brothers Jamal Elliott and Joseph Floyd. She leaves cherished memories to her daughters;Brittney Furman, Christian Heyward, and Carrie Furman, a son; Craig Furman, and a devoted father Willie J (Pamela) Haywood. She also leaves 6 grandchildren and a host of brothers, cousins, other relatives and friends. Funeral service will held on Saturday, August 22,2015 at 11AM at the First Union Missionary Baptist Church. Interment: Pear Orchard Cemetery on Groton Plantation in Luray, SC. Pastor Matthew Southall Brown Sr., Officiating.
Mr. Rhashard Spikes
- SAVANNAH - Rhashard Spikes, 21, of Savannah entered into eternal rest on August 4, 2015, surrounded by his loving family. He was a graduate of Whale Branch Early College High School in Beaufort County and also served in the US Army. He is preceded in death by maternal grandmother; Willa Mae Roundtree, and his uncle Gregory Harding. He leaves cherished memories to his parents Evelyn (Orville) Harding, brother; Dominique Spikes, sisters; Aleisha Harding and Charissee Harding, paternal grandfather; Willie Spikes, aunts; Khadeejah (Eldrich) Elliott, Monica (Lamont) Lewis, Colette Harding, uncles; Willie Goldwire, Carva Harding, Oliver Brooks, great uncle; Williams Roundtree, Jr., Godmother; Andrea Best, fiance; Akerra Washington, a host of other relative and friends.
Mother Sally Cooper
- SAVANNAH- Sally Cooper entered into eternal rest on Wednesday, July 29, 2015. Funeral service will be held 11:00AM Thursday, August 6th at the First Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 4370 ACL Blvd. Interment: Jerusalem Baptist Church Cemetery in Pembroke, GA.
Mr. Lonnie James
- Savannah-90 - On July 23, 2015 Mr. Lonnie James was called home. Visitation will be held at Bynes & Royall Funeral home on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 from 1pm -6pm. Funeral services: 11am at the New Covenant Seventh-day Adventist Church, 5100 Laroche Avenue Savannah, GA 31406
SAVANNAH-64- Entered eternal rest on Tuesday, June 30, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time and will announced at a later date.
Roslyn Maria Chapman
- Savannah-62-Entered eternal rest on Friday, June 26th, 2015. Funeral will be on Friday, July 3, 2015 at St. Philip AME Church, 613 MLK Blvd. Rev. Scottie Swinney.
SAVANNAH- Entered into eternal rest on Friday, June 12, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time.
Omar A. Anderson
-SAVANNAH-35- Entered into eternal rest on June 5, 2015 surrounded by his loving family. Funeral will be Saturday, June 13, 2015 at Mountain of Holiness at
11AM, Interment Oakgrove Cemetery. Public Viewing will be held on
Friday, June 12,2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home from 1PM-6PM.
Kimmayah "Kimmie" Noelle Gatson-Townsend
- SAVANNAH- age 7 entered into
heavens resting place in the loving arms of Jesus on Wednesday,June 3,2015,
surrounded by her family. She attended May D. Howard Elementary School. She
leaves behind cherished memories to a devoted mother Latosha Gatson; father,
Cary Townsend; brother, Kameron Gatson-Townsend; grandparents, Bethella
Gatson-Thompson (Gregory); great grandparents, Dorine Brown and George Cooper;
godmothers Monesha Mason & NaShavia Frazier; aunt Erica Wade; uncles
Lavontay Gatson, Jesse Wade, Jr., Dion Thompson and host of other relatives and
friends. Services will be Saturday, June 13,2015 at Metro Savannah Baptist
Church at 1PM, Visitation will be held on
Friday, June 12,2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home from 6PM-7PM.
Lauretta B. Williams Jones
was born to Deacon Edward and Ms. Regenia
Williams on May 24, 1930 in Savannah, GA. She died May 26, 2015 in
Winter Park, Florida. Ms.
Jones grew up in the Yamacraw Village Community. She was a 1948
graduate of Alfred Ely Beach High School. She matriculated at Savannah
State College (University) graduating in 1952 with a degree in Home
teaching in Estill, S.C. a year, she moved to New York City, where she
did graduate studies in Micro-Biology at Columbia University. She later
worked as Head Dietitian for diabetic patients at Mt. Sinai Hospital and
Fordham University Hospital. She ended her career after having served
over twenty years as a Dietitian Supervisor for the New York City Board
of Education. While
in New York she was a member of several community organizations
including the Bronx Democratic Party where she worked with former United
States House of Representative , Bella Abzug. Ms.
Jones was a devout christian who loved the Lord. She was a member of
The Church of the Masters and Abyssinia Baptist Church, NYC. When she
returned to Savannah, she became an active member of St. John Baptist
and Historic First Bryan Baptist Church where she was dearly loved. She
later moved to Orlando, Florida with her son Byron Jones and attended
Bethel Baptist Church, Winter Park, Florida and Church of the Good
Shepherd, Maitland, Florida. Ms. Jones was a loving, gentle, happy, giving and encouraging person. She was a devoted mother and she had many friends. Ms.
Jones is survived by : Ex Husband and friend: Dr. F. Beresford Jones,
PhD; Son: Byron Jones; Grand Sons: Brady Carlton Jones and Gavin David
Jones; Sister: Mrs. Lillian Ellis and Brother in -Law: Reverend Edward
Ellis, Jr); Brother in-Law: Pastor Matthew S. Brown, Savannah, GA. and a
host of nephews, nieces, cousins and friends. She was preceded in death by four siblings: Isaac,
(Helen Guilford) Williams, NYC; Rev. Edward,"(Catherine Milton)
Williams; Lottie (Rev. Matthew S. Brown),Savannah, GA. and Isadore
(Dorothy Philpot) Williams,CA.
Memorial Service for Ms. Jones will be held on June, 6, 2015 at 2 P.M.
at the College Park United Methodist Church at 644 West Princeton
Street, Orlando, Florida 32801
An additional Memorial Service will be held in Savannah , Georgia on
July 25, 2015 at 11 A.M.at Historic First Bryan Baptist Church at 575
West Bryan Street, Savannah , GA 31401.
Deacon Oliver Harris, Sr- SAVANNAH- .Deacon Oliver Harris, Sr., 93 passed on May 24,2015. He was born in Richmond Hill, GA on July 30,1921. He was raised in Richmond Hill, GA by his parents London and Isabell Harris. He was an employee of Union Camp Corporation( now known as International Paper) for 30 years, retiring in 1983. He was a faithful member and the Patriarch of Bryan Neck Missionary Baptist Church. He served in the United States Army and was a World War II Veteran. He is preceded in death by his parents, one son Oliver Harris Jr, and seven siblings. He is survived by his wife Thelma Harris; daughter Debra Harris(Michael); son, Kenneth Harris(Diane), and a devoted daughter-in-law Susie Drayton Harris. He is also survived by 3 Grandchildren Christopher Harris, Matthew Harris, and Zanita Harris: one great grandson Christopher Harris Jr.
- SAVANNAH - Kenyell Hargrove,13 entered into heavens resting place as the Lord Jesus received her into his loving arms on Monday, May 11,2015. She was educated in the Public Schools of Chatham County attending Derenne Middle School. She leaves behinds cherished memories to her loving mother Melody Baker; father, Kenneth Hargrove; eight sisters, Kimora Hargrove, Neveah Baker, Briyonna Baker, Nie'Kayla Richardson, Ken'neth Hargrove, Ja'Kai Hargrove, Kali Hargrove, Kennaisha Hargrove; two brothers, Kenneth J. Hargrove Jr and Kenneth E. Hargrove III all of Savannah, GA;Grandparents, Walter(Pauline T.)Baker of Ridgeland, SC,and Cynthia Hargrove McCullough; Great-Grandparents,Ethel M. Laurel and Geraldine Hargrove, both of Savannah, GA; a Great-Great Grandmother Ethel Valentine of New York, and a host of other relatives and friends. Funeral services for Miss. Kenyell Hargrove will be held at 11am, Monday, May 18, 2015 at Second Arnold Baptist Church, Burial: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
Elizabeth Barbara Maddox
-SAVANNAH-Elizabeth "Barbara" Maddox, 73 made her peaceful rest on Friday, May 8,2015. She was a member of the West Broad Street Seventh-Day Adventist Church. She was a graduate of Alfred Eli Beach High School, Class of 1959. She leaves to cherish her memory two sons, Stephen & Ralph Cotton, both of Bronx, NY; one sister, R. Gwendolyn M. Golden of Savannah, GA ; three aunts Hilda Maddox, of Washington, NY; Deborah Lawson of Whiteplains, NY, and Dora James, Rahway, NJ ,devoted niece La'Treall Maddox, nephew Kenneth Maddox of Savannah, GA, God-daughter Sabrina Heyward, Marian Pelote and a host of loving relatives and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Sunday,May 17,2015 at 3PM at West Broad SDA Church, 2501 Martin Luther King Blvd, Pastor Albert L. Dyson, Officiating; Pastor Archie Seabrooks, Eulogist.
-SAVANNAH - Deborah Roberts,56 departed this life on Wednesday, May 6, 2015, as she took flight from this world to that land where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. Celebration of Life Service will be held 1:00 PM Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Oakland Missionary Baptist Church, 189 Buckhalter Rd, Rev Jerry Wright, Pastor/Eulogist. Interment Lincoln Cemetery.
- SAVANNAH- Katrina Davis, 22 departed this life on Sunday, May 3, 2015 as she took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end.Celebration of Life Service will be held 12:00 noon Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Rev. Bruce Hardin, Eulogist Interment Woodville Cemetery.