SAVANNAH-64- Entered eternal rest on Tuesday, June 30, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time and will announced at a later date.
Roslyn Maria Chapman
- Savannah-62-Entered eternal rest on Friday, June 26th, 2015. Funeral will be on Friday, July 3, 2015 at St. Philip AME Church, 613 MLK Blvd. Rev. Scottie Swinney.
SAVANNAH- Entered into eternal rest on Friday, June 12, 2015. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time.
Omar A. Anderson
-SAVANNAH-35- Entered into eternal rest on June 5, 2015 surrounded by his loving family. Funeral will be Saturday, June 13, 2015 at Mountain of Holiness at
11AM, Interment Oakgrove Cemetery. Public Viewing will be held on
Friday, June 12,2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home from 1PM-6PM.
Kimmayah "Kimmie" Noelle Gatson-Townsend
- SAVANNAH- age 7 entered into
heavens resting place in the loving arms of Jesus on Wednesday,June 3,2015,
surrounded by her family. She attended May D. Howard Elementary School. She
leaves behind cherished memories to a devoted mother Latosha Gatson; father,
Cary Townsend; brother, Kameron Gatson-Townsend; grandparents, Bethella
Gatson-Thompson (Gregory); great grandparents, Dorine Brown and George Cooper;
godmothers Monesha Mason & NaShavia Frazier; aunt Erica Wade; uncles
Lavontay Gatson, Jesse Wade, Jr., Dion Thompson and host of other relatives and
friends. Services will be Saturday, June 13,2015 at Metro Savannah Baptist
Church at 1PM, Visitation will be held on
Friday, June 12,2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home from 6PM-7PM.
Lauretta B. Williams Jones
was born to Deacon Edward and Ms. Regenia
Williams on May 24, 1930 in Savannah, GA. She died May 26, 2015 in
Winter Park, Florida. Ms.
Jones grew up in the Yamacraw Village Community. She was a 1948
graduate of Alfred Ely Beach High School. She matriculated at Savannah
State College (University) graduating in 1952 with a degree in Home
teaching in Estill, S.C. a year, she moved to New York City, where she
did graduate studies in Micro-Biology at Columbia University. She later
worked as Head Dietitian for diabetic patients at Mt. Sinai Hospital and
Fordham University Hospital. She ended her career after having served
over twenty years as a Dietitian Supervisor for the New York City Board
of Education. While
in New York she was a member of several community organizations
including the Bronx Democratic Party where she worked with former United
States House of Representative , Bella Abzug. Ms.
Jones was a devout christian who loved the Lord. She was a member of
The Church of the Masters and Abyssinia Baptist Church, NYC. When she
returned to Savannah, she became an active member of St. John Baptist
and Historic First Bryan Baptist Church where she was dearly loved. She
later moved to Orlando, Florida with her son Byron Jones and attended
Bethel Baptist Church, Winter Park, Florida and Church of the Good
Shepherd, Maitland, Florida. Ms. Jones was a loving, gentle, happy, giving and encouraging person. She was a devoted mother and she had many friends. Ms.
Jones is survived by : Ex Husband and friend: Dr. F. Beresford Jones,
PhD; Son: Byron Jones; Grand Sons: Brady Carlton Jones and Gavin David
Jones; Sister: Mrs. Lillian Ellis and Brother in -Law: Reverend Edward
Ellis, Jr); Brother in-Law: Pastor Matthew S. Brown, Savannah, GA. and a
host of nephews, nieces, cousins and friends. She was preceded in death by four siblings: Isaac,
(Helen Guilford) Williams, NYC; Rev. Edward,"(Catherine Milton)
Williams; Lottie (Rev. Matthew S. Brown),Savannah, GA. and Isadore
(Dorothy Philpot) Williams,CA.
Memorial Service for Ms. Jones will be held on June, 6, 2015 at 2 P.M.
at the College Park United Methodist Church at 644 West Princeton
Street, Orlando, Florida 32801
An additional Memorial Service will be held in Savannah , Georgia on
July 25, 2015 at 11 A.M.at Historic First Bryan Baptist Church at 575
West Bryan Street, Savannah , GA 31401.
Deacon Oliver Harris, Sr- SAVANNAH- .Deacon Oliver Harris, Sr., 93 passed on May 24,2015. He was born in Richmond Hill, GA on July 30,1921. He was raised in Richmond Hill, GA by his parents London and Isabell Harris. He was an employee of Union Camp Corporation( now known as International Paper) for 30 years, retiring in 1983. He was a faithful member and the Patriarch of Bryan Neck Missionary Baptist Church. He served in the United States Army and was a World War II Veteran. He is preceded in death by his parents, one son Oliver Harris Jr, and seven siblings. He is survived by his wife Thelma Harris; daughter Debra Harris(Michael); son, Kenneth Harris(Diane), and a devoted daughter-in-law Susie Drayton Harris. He is also survived by 3 Grandchildren Christopher Harris, Matthew Harris, and Zanita Harris: one great grandson Christopher Harris Jr.
-SAVANNAH- Kenyell Hargrove,13 entered into heavens resting place as the Lord Jesus received her into his loving arms on Monday, May 11,2015. She was educated in the Public Schools of Chatham County attending Derenne Middle School. She leaves behinds cherished memories to her loving mother Melody Baker; father, Kenneth Hargrove; eight sisters, Kimora Hargrove, Neveah Baker, Briyonna Baker, Nie'Kayla Richardson, Ken'neth Hargrove, Ja'Kai Hargrove, Kali Hargrove, Kennaisha Hargrove; two brothers, Kenneth J. Hargrove Jr and Kenneth E. Hargrove III all of Savannah, GA;Grandparents, Walter(Pauline T.)Baker of Ridgeland, SC,and Cynthia Hargrove McCullough; Great-Grandparents,Ethel M. Laurel and Geraldine Hargrove, both of Savannah, GA; a Great-Great Grandmother Ethel Valentine of New York, and a host of other relatives and friends. Funeral services for Miss. Kenyell Hargrove will be held at 11am, Monday, May 18, 2015 at Second Arnold Baptist Church, Burial: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
Elizabeth Barbara Maddox
-SAVANNAH-Elizabeth "Barbara" Maddox, 73 made her peaceful rest on Friday, May 8,2015. She was a member of the West Broad Street Seventh-Day Adventist Church. She was a graduate of Alfred Eli Beach High School, Class of 1959. She leaves to cherish her memory two sons, Stephen & Ralph Cotton, both of Bronx, NY; one sister, R. Gwendolyn M. Golden of Savannah, GA ; three aunts Hilda Maddox, of Washington, NY; Deborah Lawson of Whiteplains, NY, and Dora James, Rahway, NJ ,devoted niece La'Treall Maddox, nephew Kenneth Maddox of Savannah, GA, God-daughter Sabrina Heyward, Marian Pelote and a host of loving relatives and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Sunday,May 17,2015 at 3PM at West Broad SDA Church, 2501 Martin Luther King Blvd, Pastor Albert L. Dyson, Officiating; Pastor Archie Seabrooks, Eulogist.
-SAVANNAH - Deborah Roberts,56 departed this life on Wednesday, May 6, 2015, as she took flight from this world to that land where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. Celebration of Life Service will be held 1:00 PM Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Oakland Missionary Baptist Church, 189 Buckhalter Rd, Rev Jerry Wright, Pastor/Eulogist. Interment Lincoln Cemetery.
- SAVANNAH- Katrina Davis, 22 departed this life on Sunday, May 3, 2015 as she took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end.Celebration of Life Service will be held 12:00 noon Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Rev. Bruce Hardin, Eulogist Interment Woodville Cemetery.
Deacon Walter Stephens
- SAVANNAH - Deacon Walter Stephens entered into
eternal rest on April 22, 2015 at his residence. Celebration of Life Service will be held 11:00 AM Saturday, May 2, 2015 at New Greater Owens Temple, 4011 Rockdale Street,
Apostle W. B. Jefferson, Presiding Prelate/Eulogist. Interment Woodville
Mary E. Coleman
- Mary Coleman entered into eternal rest on April 22, 2015.Reflections
of memories service for Mrs. Coleman will held 6-7PM Wednesday at the church, 13813 White Bluff Road. Celebration
of Life Service will be held 11AM Thursday, April 30, 2015 at Mt.
Herman Baptist Church, 13813 White Bluff Road. Interment: Ceder Grove
Lynda Marie Martin- James
-SAVANNAH- Lynda James, 57 made her peaceful transition and folded up her earthly tent for a better home, a house not made by hands eternal in the heaven to be present with the Lord on April 8,2015. She was educated in the Public Schools of Chatham County graduating from Windsor Forest High School. She leaves behinds cherished memories to her daughter Jasmine Renea Walker, her sons: Jason Ramone Martin (Katie), Justin Rawlins Walker (Crystal), and Nevada Eugene Harris, Jr. (April). her grandchildren: Malik, Ramone, and Isiah Martin, Malachi and Crystin Walker, Jaliyah, Jiornee, Josiah, Kyla Johnson and Aniyah Harris, her aunt Martha Jones, her sisters: Mary (Bruce), Patricia, Phyllis (General), Deborah, Paula and her brothers, Arthur James Martin Jr. (deceased), Mark Andrews. She also leaves behind a host of devoted nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends; especially her lifelong friend Lillie Bailey-Graham, her god brother Freddie Johnson and god sisters Brenda Luten and Sondra Esmond. Celebration of Life Services will be held 11AM Thursday, April 16,2015 at St. Philip Monumental AME Church,1112 Jefferson St., Interment will be at Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.
Infant Latarsha Biggins
- SAVANNAH - Infant Latarsha Biggins 7 months entered into heavens resting place as the Lord Jesus received her into his loving arms On March 27, 2015 . Graveside services will be held Saturday April 4, 2014 at 11AM at Lincoln Memorial Cemetery .
Mia Monique Estelle Evans-
SAVANNAH- Mia Monique Estelle Evans, 28 made her peaceful transition and folded up her earthly tent for a better home, a house not made by hands eternal in the heaven to be present with the Lord on March 28, 2015. Mia is survived by her loving mother and father Miss Gail E. Hines, and the Right Most Rev. Anthony Evans and his wife, Mrs. Wendy Evans including her childhood friend Ms. Shannel Hicks and her many aunts, uncles, cousins and other close relatives and friends. Mia Evans is a member of World Changes Ministries in Atlanta, GA. Celebration of Life Service will be held 12:00 Noon Friday April 3, 2015 at Peaceful Zion Baptist Church 1416 Reynolds Street, Savannah, GA, The Right Most Rev. Robert Thorpe Pastor, Rev. Anthony Evans, Eulogist.
Tamekia Samuels - SAVANNAH - Tamikia Samuels, 36 departed this life on Monday, March 9, 2015, as she took flight from this world to that land where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced at later date .
Donald Murphy - SAVANNAH - Donald Murphy, age 50, entered into eternal rest on Tuesday February, 24, 2015. He was educated in the Public Schools of Chatham County. A former member of Jackson Park Baptist Church. Survivors , daughter, Angel S. Murphy, sisters, Emma K. Murphy, Mary (Thomas) Murphy-James of Baxley Ga., Lisa Castelle-Geiger, Aunt Mildred Hicks, Devoted friend Lawanda Lott, Companion, Felica Herrington, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Lorenzo D. Perry Gadson
- SAVANNAH - Lorenzo D. Perry Gadson age 45, entered into eternal rest on Sunday, February 22, 2015. He was educated in the Public Schools of Chatham County and attended A. E. Beach High School. Survivors, wife, Tomeka M. Gadson, children, Antoinette Best, Andre Gadson, Brandon Best, Toniqua Dudley, Antonio Dudley, Travon Best, Robert Gadson, Dakarai Gadson; mother, Gwendolyn Gadson, Father Alvin Gadson; grandmother, Jean Marie Perry; sisters, Jacquelyn (Kevin) Harden, Sabrina (Hurty) Anderson, other nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, other relatives and friends. Celebration of Life Service will be held 12:00 Noon Saturday, February 28, 2015 at New Greater Owens Temple, 4011 Rockdale Street, Apostle W. B. Jefferson, Presiding Prelate/Eulogist. Interment Woodville Cemetery.
Constance Stevens - SAVANNAH - Mrs. Constance Stevens, , departed this life on Saturday, February 7, 2015 as she took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end.Funeral Services for Mrs. Stevens will be held 1PM Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015 at Happy Home Baptist Church, Bishop K. E. McNeal, Pastor/Eulogist. Interment: Mt. Holiness Memorial Park-Butler NJ.
Leon Brown- SAVANNAH-Mr. Leon Brown age 54 entered into eternal rest on Thursday Feb. 5, 2015 surrounded by his loving wife and family.Leon Brown - He was educated in the Public School graduating from Windsor Forest High School . His was a member of the ILA 1414 for 21 years. Survivors, wife, W.Michelle Brown of Savannah Ga, four sons, Michael Leon(Patrice) Middleton of Trinidad, Troy(Keira) Williams of Savannah, Ga, Deon Brown and Keon Brown of Jacksonville, FL, one daughter, Kwanisha Brown of Savannah, Ga three brothers, Ulysee (Margaret) Brown of Savannah, Richard Brown of Levy, SC., Michael (Connie) Brown, one sister, Annette (Charlie) Simmons ten grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and Services of Entrustment are in care of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home.
SAVANNAH-Mr.Thurman Roberts 45, departed this life on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 as he
took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and
Sabbath hath no end. Survivors are, mother Lula Roberts-Gilliard, father, Thurman (Jacqueline) Roberts of Herndon VA., brother, Lamont Roberts of NC., other relatives and friends. Public viewing will be held 12Noon to 7pm Friday Feb 6, 2015 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Funeral Service for Mr. Roberts will be held 3:00pm Saturday Feb 7, 2015 Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Interment Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.
-SAVANNAH-Pamela Haley age 63, entered into eternal rest on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. She was educated in the Public School of Bulloch County and was a graduate of William James High School. Her professional career began as a Sales Manager at various Department Stores in the city of Savannah. Ms. Haley was a devoted member of Mt. Zion Baptist church where she served in the Mission Ministry. In life she was an Excellent Cook and Caregiver.
Survivors, two daughters, Tia Haley (Robert) Crawford of Port Wentworth Ga, Taronda C. Haley of Altanta Ga, parents, Mr. & Mrs. Jessie (Arnita) Jenkins, three brothers, Kenneth Smith, Michael Smith, Ricky (Linda) Smtih of Pooler Ga., two sisters, Angela Frazier, and Gwendolyn (Willis) Jones, a devoted niece, Latoya White, two aunts, Ruby Walker and Priscilla Knight of Chicago Ill. numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. The family will be receiving visitors at 4118 Worth Street. Public Viewing will be held on Friday, February 6,2015 from 12-7 PM at Bynes- Royall Funeral Home Chapel. , Funeral Service for Mrs. Haley will be held 11:00am Saturday Feb. 7, 2015 at Mt. Zion Baptist Church and lie in two hours prior to service., Rev. Michael Stamps, Pastor/Eulogist. Interment Woodville Cemetery
SAVANNAH-Mr.Willie Jackson,91, departed this life on Saturday, January 31, 2015 as he
took flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and
Sabbath hath no end.Public viewing will be held 12noon to 7pm Friday Feb. 6, 2014 at Bynes Royall Funeral Home. Funeral service for Mr. Jackson will be held 1:00pm Saturday Feb. 7, 2015 at Morning Glory Temple of Deliverance, Evangelist C. Crawford, Pastor. Interment Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
R.C. Roberts- SAVANNAH- Mr.RC
Roberts, 91, departed this life on Monday, January 26, 2015 as he took
flight from this world to that land where everyday is Sunday and Sabbath
hath no end.Funeral
Services for Mr. RC. Roberts will be held 1 PM Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015
at Goodwill Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. Alphonso Piper,
Pastor/Eulogist. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.
Johnnie Lee Ware, Sr
- SAVANNAH - Johnnie Lee Ware Sr. was born in Swainsboro, Georgia to Mr. Johnnie L. And Malinda Mincey Ware on February 18, 1932. At the age of 6, his family relocated to Savannah,Georgia. At an early age He accepted Christ as his Savior and joined Brampton Baptist Church. He was an alumni member of Woodville High School class of 1951. His illustrious and professional career began as a Korean War Veteran and after forty years of dedicated service he retired from The Savannah Sugar Refinery. On the early morning of Friday Jan. 23, 2015 the Lord called him from his earthly tabernacle unto his heavenly home. Mr. Ware was preceded in death by his parents, son Johnnie Lee "Bright Eye" Ware Jr., two brothers, Tommie Ware, Willie James Ware and one sister, Malinda Ware He leaves to cherish his memories a loving and devoted wife of 61 years, Dorothy Lee Ware, son, Tyrone (Diane) Ware, four daughters, Debra Ware(Eugene Koonce) Roberts of Tallahassee Fl., Sabrina Ware (Frank) Wright, Lorraine Ware (Dwight) Taylor of Atlanta Ga., and Tammie Ware (Walter) Crocton of Dallas Ga., three loving sisters, Louversa Williams, Areatha (Irvin) Scott, Bonnie Tattnall of Miami FL., on brother in law Thomas (Marita) Robins of Kennesaw Ga., ten grandchildren, including Sidney(Teri) Roberts III and Lakeisha Roberts (Frank) Strickland, whom he raised as his son and daughter, seven great grands a multitude of nieces nephews, cousins other relatives and friends. Celebration of Life Services for Mr. Johnnie Lee Ware Sr. will be held 11AM Saturday, January 31, 2015 at Brampton Baptist Church. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetary. Public Viewing:1-6PM Friday in the Chapel of Bynes-Royall
- SAVANNAH-Mrs. Audrey Williams, 89 departed this life on Monday Jan 5,2015. The Lord gently closed her eyes as she took flight from this world to that land of pure delight, where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. She was the wife of the late Detroit Williams. Celebration of Life Services for Mrs. Audrey Williams will be held 11AM Saturday, January 24, 2015 at Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church. Interment: Lincoln Memorial Cemetery. Visitation: 6-8PM Friday in the Chapel of Bynes-Royall Funeral Home
Cassie Mae Greene-
SAVANNAH - Mrs. Cassie Mae Greene age 79 departed this life on Tuesday Jan. 6, 2015 , as she took flight from this world to that land of pure delight, where every day is Sunday and Sabbath hath no end. Survivors, , grandchildren other relatives and friends. Celebration of Life services for Mrs. Cassie Greene will be held 1:00pm Monday Jan. 12, 2014 at St. Paul C. M. E. Church 1601 Barnard Street. Rev. Da'Henri Thurmond Pastor, Overseer John Jones, Eulogist. Interment Oak Grove .
LaTeah Sheray Lockett
- SAVANNAH - LaTeah Sheray Lockett, 46 entered into eternal rest on Saturday, December 20, 2014 at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL surrounded by loved ones. LaTeah was a member of Carter Tabernacle CME in Orlando, FL. She was an alumni of Alfred E. Beach High School. She attended Georgia Southern University and later Savannah State University. She was in management at Liberty Mutual Insurance. She is survived by her devoted father; Bobby Lockett, Savannah; loving mother, Betty Shell, Savannah; brother, Tracy Lockett, Williamsburg Virginia; Sister-in-law, Elke Lockett; nephew, Christian Lockett; niece, Nina Lockett; Goddaughter, Marria Pollard, Devoted caring-giving cousin, Shakira Cade special aunts, Barbara Furman, Sally K. Ward, Joan Lewis and Annie Mae Brown; Godmothers, Rev. Ella Hammond-Sims and Claretha Morse, a host of other relatives and friends. Funeral services Saturday, December 27, 2014, 12 noon, St. Paul, CME, 1601 Barnard St. Savannah, GA 31401. In lieu of flowers, contributions are graciously being accepted by Savannah State University for the LaTeah S.Lockett Scholarship Fund. Please make checks payable to Savannah State University, Memo: LaTeah Lockett Scholarship Fund, and mail to Savannah State University, PO BOX 20439, 3219 College Street, Savannah, Georgia 31404.
Dorothy Delores McIver
- SAVANNAH - Dorothy Delores McIver, 84, passed away on Tuesday, December 15, 2014 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Savannah. Dorothy was preceded in death by her father and mother, Samuel and Lula McIver. She is survived by many loving cousins and may dedicated friends. Visitation: 5-6PM Monday, December 22, 2014 at Bynes-Royall Funeral Home. Funeral service will be held 12 Noon Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at Bryan Neck Missionary Baptist Church, Richmond Hill, GA.